Updated: May 11
How many times have you had your phone on the table when you are with your friends? If it pings, do you look at it? Yes, I thought so. Potential customers are distracted in the same way every time a competitor is speaking. You need to ensure you keep their attention.
You need to keep your customers' attention and better still, their loyalty. It's simply too expensive to always chase new customers and only focus on acquisition.
Even when people are successful at paying attention - as when avoiding the temptation to check their phones - they still fail to focus just because it's still there on the table.
How can you ensure your customers are happy and loyal? Keep them engaged, keep them entertained, listen to what they say and let them be a part of your journey.
In a distracted world, we need to ensure we listen when it matters. Show that your care for the right reasons and your customers will keep coming back.
Many customers get overwhelmed by the choices out there. 47% don't know what to buy and wants direction. With true personalisation, you can attract customers and helping them with their purchasing decisions.
Spend some time, planning your campaigns throughout the year. What do you have to say and who do you want to talk to. Keep your customers involved and in mind.
So how do you do it? Here are some key points to consider.
1. Why should customers stay loyal to you?
2. Are you showing your customers who you really are? Most customers want to feel they know their supplier. Show a bit about yourself and don't be afraid to show vulnerability.
3. You need to tell your key message 7 times to get across. Don't simply repeat the same message, use different tools to say the same thing.
4. Keep in touch with your existing customers. If they spent money in your business before and they were happy with their purchase, they will do it again if you give them a good enough reason.
5. Collect relevant information about your customers so you can create relevant offers specific to their needs.
Anna Seefeldt, your practical, no-nonsense marketing and business consultant, founded the company to assist with all your marketing needs. Anna lives in Singapore with her husband and two children.
For any questions or marketing support in building your business and brand, please email email@example.com.